Thursday, August 25, 2011

Manx Grand Prix


The Manx Grand Prix will soon be held on the Isle of Man, it will bring a little bit of action on this quiet island.



The Grand Prix is held during 2 weeks, the first week dedicated for practice and the second week is for all the races. As the Isle of Man has no speedway, the races take place on the main roads. Those are closed from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M. during the first week for practice sessions. If the drivers are lucky there will be no accident and it will not rain on any part of the track thus the practice will occur in its entirety. In most cases it will rain at one point and the practice will have to be cancelled. The roads are closed from 9 A.M. to 4 P.M. during race week, the island inhabitants are used to moving around the island while avoiding the main roads used by the motorcycle race.

Click to enlarge


I have never been a fan of motorcycle race, I find formula one races much more interesting. I went to the practice because I had never seen racing bikes. To be fair I would say that I heard them much more than I saw them and my digital camera didn’t see much of them either. Most of the pictures I took had only the road as a subject. I had to enable the continuous shooting mode on the camera to be able to get pictures of the motorbikes but all the bikes were blurry (you can see that on the montage above). Lucky for me I passed one bike as I was walking back to my hotel, I can now say that I know what a racing bike looks like.


No comments:

Post a Comment