Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Holidays Are Over


I am back to work after well deserved holydays and I am now in the Isle of Man. Yeah, I get to watch Channel4 again.



I got on the island after staying in transit in Manchester for 6 hours. I dropped my stuff once I got to the hotel and went for a walk to get some fresh air. The city looked like there was a curfew, there was almost no one outside. I only found closed doors when I went to buy a SIM card and some books; most of the shops close at 5:30 PM. I was walking in the street bewildered with a can of Cherry Coke in my hand (I love Cherry Coke) when 3 chicks came to me and asked if I could by some alcohol for them. They explained that at 16 they were allowed to drink but couldn’t purchase alcohol, I of course refused.



The Isle of Man probably will be a little similar to Jersey so I know how everyday life will be. I especially hope to see Basking Sharks, they are the largest sharks right after the Whale Sharks. This is usually the season to see them so I hope I will be lucky, I even am ready to go scuba diving in cold water to have that privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment