Friday, May 14, 2010

Can’t Go To Work


Last Monday I had to work in the evening; as I live in Saint-Gilles and I was supposed to work in Le Port I ordered a taxi to come and pick me up at my place.



I stepped out around midnight to go get my taxi but there was nothing waiting for me outside. Ten minutes later istill didn’t see any taxi coming. I called the driver and asked where he was, he answered that he tried to call me but it would never connect. He thought it was a prank mostly because I asked him to meet me in front of a bar right in front of where I live. I told him that I really needed a taxi and that he should hurry to come and get me but he didn’t seem motivated: he was afraid I would not be there. I explained that I didn’t call him twice the same day not to show up when he would get at the meeting place, he was still not convinced. He asked for my phone number but I just had that number for 4 days and really couldn’t remember the digits. I answered that he should write the numbers appearing on his phone but he countered that no numbers where displayed; that was odd but not impossible. I repeated that he should hurry up because I had other things to do than waste time talking to him instead of being at work, it finally convinced him to move.



We set up a meet in a place he knew in the city and he asked me again to be at the meeting place before hanging up. I confirmed that I would be waiting for him, hung up and 2 minutes later he called back to remind me two wait for him. I could have sworn he told me my phone number didn’t appear on his phone… In the end I was 45 minutes late at work, one thing is for sure the next time I work at night I will rent a scooter.

No comments:

Post a Comment