Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Up In The Air


Here is what i wrote while i was in Los Angeles.
I am in Los Angeles, it is 3h15 AM in Paris and 6h15 PM here if I am not mistaken. I am patiently waiting for the boarding time for my flight.



When I exited the plane, I told myself that even if I had 6 hours to wait I could do it at the Air France lounge. There is Internet, there are drinks and there is food, I could wait there. I went to get my ticket for my flight to Fiji and the one to Kiribati and I found out that Air Pacific the company I was supposed to take was not located in the same terminal as Air France. Goodbye Air France lounge and hello waiting area, I couldn't get miles benefit from the flights from Los Angeles to Nadi and Nadi to Tarawa and to top it all I had to wait in the cold with an empty stomach. I usually take the opportunity of being in Los Angeles to enjoy a good whopper at Burger King as there are none in France but there is no Burger King in the other Terminal.



After doing the check in I went through the customs and found a panel displaying the location of the skyteam lounge on the superior level. So there was hope after all, I wouldn't have to be bored out of my skull. The lounge door didn't open as I stepped in front of them, a woman behind a desk looked at me and said that the lounge wouldn't open before 7h30, my flight was boarding at 8h30. When she saw I was disappointed by the news she asked me if I had a priority car, I flash I platinum card, she looked at it and repeated that the lounge wouldn't open before 7h30. What kind of airport lounge is not open as long as the airport is open?



I am now seated close to the gate where my flight will depart in a little less than 5 hours, I am BORED. I try not to use my electronic devices this way they will still have battery during the 2 flights I have to take to get to my destination. I have to be strong, I will get there Tuesday at 3h00 AM Paris time and I left France Sunday at 1h30 PM, now that's what I call a trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment