Monday, December 10, 2012

Shopping For Groceries


Each time I get somewhere, going for groceries is the first thing I do once I am settled.



When I just get somewhere and go grocery shopping, I almost always buy the same things. For breakfast, I will get some milk, some chocolate to mix with the milk, some biscuits, some Weetabix, some Rice Crispies and some Cranberry juice. For meals, I will get some Farfalle from Barilla, some smoked salmon, some bacon cubes, some sour cream, some bread for toasts, some slices of ham, grated cheese and some juice. I will also get some tea with special biscuits to eat with, some fruits and a few vegetables.
Except for the Cranberry juice and the brand of the chocolate, what I get for breakfast is exactly what I was having for breakfast when I was a kid; Cranberry juice wasn’t available in France at the time. I make croque-monsieur with the bread, the ham and the grated cheese, they would be exactly the way my mother used to make them if I would add some bĂ©chamel sauce. I make Farfalle au saumon and Farfalle aux lardons with the Farfalle, the sour cream, the salmon and the bacon cubes. I used to eat that a lot when I was at the university. It is quite fun to be regularly eating those things I liked when I was a kid but I will have to grow up at one point.
When I got to Nantes and opened the fridge to put my groceries I found to bottles of vodka, it is as good way as any to start. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment