Monday, November 5, 2012

Hard Day Too


When you think it is over think again.



I went back to one of the banks where I could use my American Express card in the ATM. As I still couldn’t get some money from the ATM, I went in the bank hoping I would be able to get some money from the cashier. Hell no! The woman in front of me couldn’t care less about my problem and she sure wouldn’t get out of her way to help me. I called the American Express support line, the operator informed me that I had just withdrawn 200€ in cash and I could only withdraw a maximum of 300€ every 7 days as I was in France. She was surprised when I told her that my request to get 200€ had been rejected by the ATM, I then explained that the card was my only way to get some cash and asked if the withdraw limit could be lifted for the day. She said no. I then asked if there was a bank on the island where I could get some money from the cashier. Again no. What is the point of having this card to withdraw money? She explained that the ability to withdraw money was in case of emergency. When people have money issues, they usually need more than 300€. She couldn’t/wouldn’t do anything. This is a card that will definitely not cost me any annual fee once I get back to France. Thank god I have friends who lend me money!

No comments:

Post a Comment