Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Offline


I am back in La Reunion after a month long holyday, I tried to limit the time I spent on the internet as much as possible but it was not easy, some things become a habit quickly. I would have loved to stay away from internet during that time but it was not possible, I will write why later when I have more time, I have so much work the days end quickly.



I have seen the two chickens in the picture on Monday morning just before getting to work. I could see that the cars passing by were carefully avoiding them. My colleagues explained that it is quite common to find such bags on the crossroads on the island. Some say that the ones dropping the bags are letting go of their troubles and those will be transferred to you if you drive on the bags, others say that those bags are dropped to prepare a religious ceremony. I have also read on the internet that it is a Tamil custom to drop a bag containing a chicken at a crossroad and to get it back a few days later; you will thus get your wish granted. Considering the state the chicken are now, one will need to scrap the pavement to get the chicken back. In any case after taking some pictures of the chicken yesterday I had a minor scooter accident today, coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment